The Brand Manager will report to the Creative Director and the Director of Operations.
The Brand Manager is the champion of the Custom Box Agency brand as well as those of our clients. He/she ensures that all CBA deliverables fall under brand guidelines and resonate with the overall mission of the end product and the audience. Brand Managers work closely with the Client Relationship Manager and the Creative Director to ensure that every piece exceeds expectations in terms of strategic intention, quality, scope and timeline. This is a client facing role as well as includes managing and coaching a team of graphic designers to reach these end objectives. We are currently looking to hire this role 20 hours per week with the intention of full time hours as our agency grows.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate brand elements into plans and go to market strategies for Custom Box Agency and our clients
- Lead the creative process, product design and packaging design development to motivate audiences to take action for our clients
- Manage a team of designers working on brand initiatives ( also with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done)
- Create product designs that can sell the idea of the product or brand seamlessly
- Support internal initiatives to further operationalize and scale Custom Box Agency’s offerings and infrastructure
- 3 to 5 years experience in similar positions as a brand manager with specific experience working with high end brands and also with print and packaging design
- Previous experience working at a digital agency with the ability to manage multiple brands simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within and across departments to achieve results
- Strong ability to communicate conceptual ideas to clients and translate client needs into actionable recommendations for our internal team
- Have the ability to think big, delivering innovative and strategic solutions while having a keen eye for design and the smallest of details
- Strong understanding of user experience and behaviors as well as the ability to tell stories, develop insights and develop and extend a brand strategy through physical products
- Understanding of current trends within graphics, images, colors, and logo
- Specific experience working with swag type products, printing, or box production experience is preferred
- Be self
motivated to go above and beyond to provide an amazing client experience and be a trusted subject matter expert for our internal team
- Thrive working as part of a highly collaborative and fast
moving team where everyone pitches in and yet are confident in being able to be a leader in their area of expertise
- Follows established best practices with acute attention to detail but isn’t afraid to suggest new ideas and seeks out new innovative solutions
- Available working hours from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CST
- Demonstrate strong expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) and/or Affinity Suite, as well as experience in packaging design.